So I have a problem. Normally I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old home during the day (When its not summer!). Sometimes I sit and play games on my phone while the kids are watching a movie. I don’t want to do this anymore, I want to spend as much time with them as I can. I know I am not the only one who has this problem, as I have read it on multiple blogs. I want to post some ideas on how to work on this.
1. When your kids are taking a nap, Try to use that time to finish your chores, return calls/ txts, play on the phone, watch tv, etc.
2. DO NOT try to hurry your kids to bed so you can get that extra time watching a show. Take your time reading them a book, and tucking them in.
3. While they are awake try to spend time with them. Play games, go outside. If you really need to clean your house, include them and give them small jobs to do.
4. Try to stay away from the TV, computer, phone etc. Try to not let them do any of those things either.
5. Keep your phone in your bedroom or on the charger. So it is close enough you can get to it if it starts ringing, but not close enough where you have temptations to play games or text.
6. Get a passcode on your phone/tablet so your kids cannot get on it without asking.
7. Play ‘Brain working’ games and play outside often with your kids.
8. I do not let my kids (Any of them) watch Spongebob SquarePants. I know that may be harsh but there a real study where kids who did watch That show got worse testing scores than kids who didn’t 🙂
9. Talk to your kids. Get to know whats going on in their lifes. You may think you know, but there are always things you don’t know.
So there are my tips. What are yours? Comment!